Interstate Transport: Top Tips to Get Your Vehicle Ready to Ship
There are many different reasons why someone might need to transport a vehicle interstate. You might be making a big move or an interstate sale, relocating for a job, or be a member of the defence force, reassigned to a new location. It’s not always possible or practical to drive the car yourself, whether because of time constraints or not wanting to wear down your vehicle with a long trip. Whatever the reason, there are many benefits to hiring an experienced and reliable transport company to help you safely and efficiently transport your vehicle anywhere in Australia.
Benefits of Using a Professional
While using a good quality professional transport company will definitely save you a fair amount of stress and hassle, you might be surprised at what else it might save you.
- They can save you money: A professional transport company can be significantly more affordable than driving the car yourself. With petrol prices at a record high, those kilometres can add up, not to mention the wear and tear on your vehicle. Add in the time it will take you,
accommodation and food costs on the way, and it can end up being an expensive road trip.
- They will save you time: With an auto transport service, there’s no need to take time off from work to drive your vehicle. A professional transport company can get your vehicle from point A to point B much faster and more efficiently than you would be able to do on your own.
- Avoid wear and tear: There’s no doubt that a long distance road trip can take a toll on your vehicle. It will add kilometres, decreasing the value, wear out your tyres and put a strain on your engine. When you use a professional transport company, the vehicle is hauled to its new location on a trailer, saving your tyres and adding no new wear and tear.
- They can save your sanity: The biggest benefit to using a professional transport company to move your vehicle is the peace of mind you get from knowing your vehicle is in safe hands and will arrive at its destination, not just in one piece, but in great condition. All this without the stress and hassle of having to drive your car interstate yourself.
Preparing Your Car for Transport
Make sure you check off all of these before you hand your car over to a transport company.
- Give your car a good clean: It’s always a good idea to give your car a good clean out in order to find all those lost sunglasses and bits of loose change. It's also a good idea to remove any food, plant and animal matter. The car needs to be completely empty before transportation.
- Make sure your car is safe for transport: You will need to ensure that the brakes and handbrake are all working properly, all the glass is intact and free from cracks, the body of the car is in good condition and it has four tyres, well pumped up.
- Check the fuel levels: It may vary between different companies, but generally speaking most will prefer that your petrol tank be around a quarter full. Do check what your specific transport company asks for.
- Watch out for all the little things: Make sure you remove your car’s GPS, any eToll devices you might have on there or parking passes. The last thing you want is to lose or damage any of these items or end up with a whole heap of extra toll charges on your vehicle.
If you’re moving interstate, it’s likely that you’ll have more than just a car to transport. Some companies offer car transport alongside freight, so you can take everything you need to in one go. This is not only convenient but it can save you money to have one company service all your transport needs. It can be a stressful undertaking to transport a vehicle interstate, but whatever reasons you might have for moving, it's worth considering how a professional transport company could help.
Thanks for reading
Did you find this useful? Share this article on your favourite social network. We'd really appreciate it, and your friends likely will as well.